Sway bars, or more accurately anti-roll bars, are designed to resist a vehicle’s tendency to pitch from side to side during cornering, improving cornering ability and making for a more comfortable controlled ride. Sway bars are among the most cost effective and dramatic improvements that you can make to your vehicle regardless of whether it’s a truck, muscle car, tow rig, or RV. Sway bars are also typically easy to install, making them a great first upgrade for anyone who wants a little more control out of their ride.
Hellwig Helper Springs are designed to sit on top of the leaf springs at the rear of your truck and work in conjunction with the stock spring pack to effectively increase the level load rating of your truck up to the vehicle’s gross vehicle weight rating. Hellwig Helper Springs are adjustable, easy to install and come with all the necessary hardware to make installation painless. Hellwig offers several types of Helper Springs, each with different load capacities and applications in mind. Like all of Hellwig’s steel products, they are forged in California in Hellwig’s ISO9001 certified factory and come with Hellwig’s limited life-time warranty.
Hellwig air suspension systems features a pair of high quality air bags that mount to your vehicle’s rear axle and can be connected to an optional on-board compressor with a controller and pressure gauge in the vehicle’s cab or an auto-leveling compressor that automatically adds the exact amount of air needed. When installed properly, Hellwig’s load levelling air suspension can also lead to less bottoming out of the vehicle’s suspension and increased stability during cornering.
We, Hellwig Products Company, Inc., give you, the original retail consumer, our warranty that each new Hellwig product of our manufacture shall be free from defects of material and workmanship as set forth in this limited warranty.
Length of coverage: Except as provided below Hellwig offers the following warranty durations by products.
- (A) Hellwig steel spring and sway bar products and their components are warranted for the normal life of the vehicle these products are originally installed upon.
- (B) Hellwig bushings and air compressor systems are warranted for two years from the original purchase date. This extends only to the product installed on the original vehicle. A dated receipt will be required to be presented at the time of any warranty request.
- (C) Hellwig Air Suspension air sleeves and air bags/bellows have a limited lifetime warranty covering manufacturer defects. This extends only to the product installed on the original vehicle.
- The warranty for any Hellwig product is terminated immediately and automatically when (1) you transfer ownership of the product to someone else (2) it is used for purpose not intended, whether with your consent or not (3) the product is installed on a second vehicle, regardless of when the second installation takes place. Because of these provisions, the warranty is not transferrable.
Hellwigʼs Obligations: Hellwigʼs Obligations shall be limited to replacing or repairing, free of charge, any part or parts that reasonably appear to us upon inspection to have been defective in material and/or workmanship. You will be responsible for the cost of transportation charges and charges in connection with replacement or repair of defective parts.
Warranty Exclusions and Limitations: This limited warranty does not cover the following, and you will be responsible for any costs or injury you sustain by reason of these things:
- Parts and labor necessary for installation, removal, reinstallation, vehicle modification, or any vehicle repair, service or replacement, regardless of cause;
- Any repairs or replacement of the product by anyone other than Hellwig at its Visalia, California plant pursuant to this warranty;
- Unreasonable use, failure to install or maintain the product properly, modification of the product or failure attributable to a defect in the vehicle; towing, fire, theft, environmental condition, or negligent, accidental or intentional damage or destruction;
- Any repairs or replacement if the product was used in a vehicle used at any time for delivery or common carrier service;
- Provision or reimbursement for loaned vehicles or parts for use while the product is being serviced;
- Incidental or consequential damages (that is, compensation for loss of use of the product or vehicle, inconvenience, lost profits, or any other indirect loss). Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Because Installation and removal are not covered by this warranty, we recommend that you inspect the installation of each Hellwig product, especially sway bars and accessories springs, to insure that the product was installed safely and presents beyond a reasonable doubt no danger to any other part(s) of the vehicle such as brake lines, gas lines, sewer lines or the chassis.
How to Obtain Service: To obtain warranty replacement parts or repair, we must first be contacted by email, website contact form, letter or telephone. Written or verbal approval will be given to you by an authorized Hellwig employee and you must then return the part to be replaced or repaired, at our option, freight prepaid, to our factory. The replacement part will be shipped within thirty (30) days following our receipt of the original part and, if requested by us previously, a freight charge or handling charge, or both. BE SURE TO OBTAIN FACTORY APPROVAL BEFORE RETURNING PRODUCTS TO HELLWIG; THEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL YOU OBTAIN APPROVAL.
Important Provisions Regarding Your Rights Outside the Warranty: The duration of any IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY (an unwritten warranty sometimes imposed by law that the product is fit for ordinary use), if any or FITNESS FOR USE (an unwritten warranty sometimes imposed by law that the product is fit for a particular purpose), if any SHALL END UPON TERMINATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, or sooner if allowed by law. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty is the only express warranty, representation, or other agreement between you and Hellwig and it may be changed only in writing signed by a corporate officer of Hellwig Products Company, Inc.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other legal rights which vary from state to state.